As all of us pet lovers know, owning a pet is not just fun and games, it is actually a huge responsibility upon everyone living with the pet and caring for it. This is why it is always important to make sure that we are fit for such a responsibility, after all, pets are souls, and being responsible for the well being of a living creature should not be underestimated.
With summer officially starting, we all need to pay extra attention to our pets and their diet. Here are 7 summertime snacks that could be harmful for your dog:
1. Beer: Carbonation used in beer can cause gastric torsion or bloating. Also, the hops used in beer can cause malignant hypothermia.
2. Dairy: As most dogs are lactose intolerant, it may not be a good idea to share your ice cream cone with your dog, as it could cause digestion problems.
3. Corn: It has been proven that corn is a main cause for stomach upsetting and intestinal blockage for dogs.
4. Avocado: As they contain Persin, they can cause diarrhea, vomiting and heart congestion.
5. Fruits: Apple seeds release toxic material when ingested, so be sure to take out the core before giving it to your dog. Also, peach and plum pits are very dangerous to dogs, so keep them away.
6. Grapes and raisins: These two foods cause severe liver and kidney failure to dogs.
7. Fatty foods: Ingestion of a lot of fats can cause vomiting, diarrhea, and can lead to pancreatitis.
We hope this list helps in keeping a lot more dogs healthy. We would recommend you ask around before feeding your dog anything unusual, to avoid any unexpected health problems arising this summer, and don’t forget to share this informative list with your friends and family and any dog owners you know.
( VIA )