If you’re a dog owner, then you just know how much of a blessing having a dog in your house is. Dogs are incredibly kind and compassionate. They are also very protective of their owners and anyone they have shared the house with, they are known for being brave and willing to sacrifice their own safety in order to protect those who they love. Dogs are the most loyal creatures on earth.
Today we’re about to know the top 10 most loyal dog breeds that you’d definitely want by your side in times of trouble.
- Sheltie: This breed of sheepdogs are very family-oriented and always follow you around no matter where you go.
- German Shepherd: Always used as police and army dogs, there is just no doubt about their loyalty and intelligence.
- Staffordshire Terrier: Although lots of the dogs that fall under this breed’s umbrella have a bad reputation, they are actually the exact opposite, being goofy and playful and most of all loyal to their humans.
- Collie: Have you seen Lassie before? Then you know how loyal and committed collies are to their humans and families.
- Akita: This Japanese breed is the most famous for its loyalty.
- Kuvasz: This breed comes from Hungary and they were used throughout history as royal guard dogs. They are highly intelligent and independent, which makes them a bit hard to train.
- Great Pyrenees: This breed excels in two things: cuddling and protecting!
- Bernard: With their calm and sweet nature, it’s easy to fall in love with this Swiss Alps breed. St. Bernards are affectionate and are always used for rescues.
- Labrador Retriever: This breed is usually used as therapy and service dogs due to their naturally affectionate nature and their being easy to train.
So which is your favorite dog breed? Share with us your favorite picks in the comments!