It’s something that might happen to your dog any time of the year, it has no occasions or seasons, so when your dog is outside, this might happen because normally, dogs always try to explore and sniff things, they are very curious, and this curiosity might hurt them, it can lead them to fall in lots of troubles especially with bees. So what should you do if your dog is stung by a bee? It can happen anytime your dog is playing in the garden so here we will tell you what you should do if your dog is stung by a bee or wasp.
First, when a bee stings your dog, a little poisonous venom is released, when a bee stings your dog, try as hard as you can to prevent it from stinging your dog more than once, the bee’s sting is barbed, so when a bee stings your dog, check first whether if there is a stinger or not, if there is one, remove it, you can use a cardboard or a fingernail to remove it, then squeeze it with a tweezer so it squirts the venom out.
The bee sting is so painful, so immediately prepare a mixture of water and baking soda; it helps with decreasing the pain. You can also wrap an ice pack in a towel, and then hold it to the sting, but if the sting is inside your dog’s mouth or throat, all you have to do is to call the vet immediately, because a sting in this place is very dangerous, it can cause a breathing problem so your vet is the only one who will take right actions.
Also if the swelling didn’t go within days, you should also go to the vet immediately.This is why you should keep your eye on your dog after the sting for a few days, if you noticed something unrecognizable you should also go to the vet.
So if you follow these steps, everything will be under control and your dog will get well soon. Share this now with your dog owner friends.